Buona la prima!

doncletus

Italian
Hello folks!
I'm looking for a correct English translation of "Buona la prima!", or something else that sounds like this.
I would like to use this expression as a title of a news paper article, referring to the first win of a team in the championship. Of course that's a sentence taken from a motion-picture context and I don't know if it's used in other contexts such as sports.
Thank you for your help!

• vale748

italiano
    Salve,
    avrei bisogno anch'io di una traduzione per "buona la prima" ma a me servirebbe il termine cinematografico!
    Grazie a tutti!

Last edited by a moderator:

GavinW

British English
    In the film industry, I believe they say "That's a take". But this doesn't refer to the first "take". I don't know if there's a specific term which corresponds to the Italian expression (although I have a feeling there is one, but I can't think of it right now).

byrne

English - UK (Londoner)
    OK, ma non si dice. Nel senso che è una frase che possiamo coniare; ma non è "la" frase che si usa nel "gergo" (cioè nel campo specifico), e quindi non ha la stessa "fixity" e "riconoscibilità".

According to wiki you can say a one-take here, or as an adjective in one-take Watson here,

So buona la prima would be it's a one-take! I'd wait for a film buff though..