Buone cose!

Veragrazia

USA and English
Hi there!

I am listening to a language video and they say "buone cose" at the end of the conversation.

What does this mean?

I appreciate your help! :) :)

grazie moltissimo!

• Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    Veragrazia said:
    Hi there!

I am listening to a language video and they say "buone cose" at the end of the conversation.

What does this mean?

I appreciate your help! :) :)

grazie moltissimo!

Hi Vera, welcome to WR!

Buone cose >> good things

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Artrella said:
    Hi Vera, welcome to WR!

Buone cose >> good things
    "Buone cose" literally means "good things", I guess veragrazia knew the literal translation...but at the end of a conversation it might only express such a wish as "good luck" or "take care"

DDT

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    DDT said:
    "Buone cose" literally means "good things", I guess veragrazia knew the literal translation...but at the end of a conversation it might only express such a wish as "good luck" or "take care"

DDT

Grazie DDT, I was wondering why someone would say "good things" at the end of a conversation... :rolleyes:

Veragrazia

USA and English
    Grazie grazie grazie!!

Buone cose a tutti :)

Thank you for the warm welcome too!

I am working on learning Italian because my fiance' is from Pisa :) I want to be able to talk to his family on the phone better and make the most out of our trips to Italy!!

Grazie ancora!

Vera

DDT

Italy - Italian
    Silvia said:
    Buone cose is rather oldfashioned... at least for me. What do the other Italians think?
    I fully agree, the full expression is "tante buone cose" and you would expect a grandma to speak like that ;)

DDT

gaia68

ITALY
    Silvia said:
    Buone cose is rather oldfashioned... at least for me. What do the other Italians think?
    I do agree with Silvia! And I would add it is quite formal. It's surely an expression you woud never expect from a friend, who yould say: "stammi bene", or "in bocca al lupo", or other sentences depending on the contest. Coud you translate "buone cose" as "I wish you all the best", or simply "all the best", or would this also sound odd?

DesertCat

inglese | English
    Although, I wouldn't say "all the best" in a formal context some people do. Personally, I prefer regards or best regards. This is a case of personal style (in AE).

leenico

U.S.A. english
    DesertCat said:
    Although, I wouldn't say "all the best" in a formal context some people do. Personally, I prefer regards or best regards. This is a case of personal style (in AE).
    We sometimes say "my best to you" or "my best to you And your family." :)

< Previous | Next >