burden number

< Previous | Next >

pollofrito

Mexico - Español
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know what"burden number"mean? Here is where I found it.

"You will support the analysis data from a wide variety of sources to produce trends, regional estimates, burden numbers and other data for use in key publications, speeches, media materials etc."

Thanks,

El Pollo

• Fabulist

Banned
    American English
    What is the source? If this is a job description, who is the employer, and what does the firm do?

I am familiar with a usage of "burden numbers" in a specialized field, conducting sample surveys for the U.S. government, but don't know if that is relevant.

pollofrito

Mexico - Español
    Hi Fabulist,
    Thanks for your answer. Yes, it is a job description. The employer is UNICEF. The post has to do with statistical analysis, as well as with monitoring and evaluation.
    Pollo

Fabulist

Banned
    American English
    Thank you. What I know about "burden numbers" doesn't have anything to do with UNICEF, so I can't help you. If you are applying for a job there and this is part of the job description, it would be a good idea to look for the phrase in their publications, since it might have a specialized meaning to them that no one outside of UNICEF is going to know. I don't think the common interpretation, "numbers about burdens," is going to be very helpful to you.

Perhaps we have a UN, UNICEF, or international aid bureaucrat among our correspondents who can help you.

pollofrito

Mexico - Español
    Hi Fabulist,
    Thanks once again. Good idea. I will check their publications and I will let you know if I find anything.
    As for your help, thanks heaps!
    El Pollo

< Previous | Next >