burden of responsibility / honor of successful treatment

NewAmerica

Banned
Mandarin
As I read "The burden of responsibility should not be placed on a few", I thought "but the honor of a successful treatment appears to be mainly enjoyed by the physician." Seen in this light, the situation is much more complicated.

The question of this thread is whether "the honor of successful treatment" is the opposite of "the burden of responsibility."

The care of a psychiatric patient does not occur in isolation within a physician’s office. There are multiple systems involved that determine the direction of care. The burden of responsibility should not be placed on a few. This loss has to be owned by everyone, who come together to support one another. Only then can the cloud of shame and guilt be lifted.

Source: Scientific American
Where do Psychiatrists go When a Patient Dies?

• boozer

Bulgarian
    The question of this thread is whether "the honor of successful treatment" is the opposite of "the burden of responsibility."
    Both notions are too abstract to have exact opposites, in my opinion, but the word 'responsibility' should apply to both possible results of any treatment - success and/or failure.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    "The burden of responsibility is a negative in the medical profession and "the honor of a successful treatment" is a positive.

lingobingo

English - England
    Where are you getting “the honor of successful treatment” from? It doesn’t even figure in that article.

< Previous | Next >