burnin' purple in the subdivision

Alexander Kuptsov

Russian
Here's this song - I'm a king - which I like but which also keeps me puzzled. I'd love to ask about almost each line in it, but here's a four-line part in which I understand only grammar, I guess :)

1) 'm the prince shorty don't get it twisted
2) Been callin' shots simpin' 'fore my flows existed
3) And still find birds in my momma kitchen
4) You might see me burnin' purple in the subdivision

I'm especially interested in <-->, but I'd appreciate comments about the other three, because I don't have the slightest idea what birds he raps about and what flows existed.

Edited a second time to make title, question consistent.
Please focus on line 4. Cagey, moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • morior_invictus

Slovak
    Well, it could mean (urbandictionary.com):

burn
    (1) slang: to disrespect someone (to diss); to make fun of someone; used by a third party after a first party makes fun of a second party. Brought back to life by the ever-popular That 70's Show.
    (2) slang: to smoke marijuana or any other drug used with fire, to get high. see burn out
    (3) verb: to char or scorch something using fire

purple
    Extremely potent marijuana, specifically marijuana buds that have a purple hue to them. Also accompanied by a fragant, usually fruity smell and mad perma-grin.

Subdivision
    A large group of houses, all with similar house types. Created in mass at the same time, these houses can be upper or middle class, but rarely lower class. The lots range anywhere from .5 of an acre to a whole acre.

Whether or not the above is the intended meaning I cannot tell.

(Too late, Cagey :))

Alexander Kuptsov

Russian
    Well, it could mean (urbandictionary.com):

burn
    (1) slang: to disrespect someone (to diss); to make fun of someone; used by a third party after a first party makes fun of a second party. Brought back to life by the ever-popular That 70's Show.
    (2) slang: to smoke marijuana or any other drug used with fire, to get high. see burn out
    (3) verb: to char or scorch something using fire

purple
    Extremely potent marijuana, specifically marijuana buds that have a purple hue to them. Also accompanied by a fragant, usually fruity smell and mad perma-grin.

Subdivision
    A large group of houses, all with similar house types. Created in mass at the same time, these houses can be upper or middle class, but rarely lower class. The lots range anywhere from .5 of an acre to a whole acre.

Whether or not the above is the intended meaning I cannot tell.

Wow, thanks a lot for that job! Didn't think it all was subject to UD. I thought the meaning was in the combination of the words not their individual meaning.

Anyway, lots of thanks! :)

< Previous | Next >