Burning cream

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
I cut my finger. Doctor applied a burning cream.
We feel burning when we apply some cream or liquid for wound or cut.
Can we say that cream is burning?
  • Chez

    Senior Member
    English English
    I agree, we'd never say 'burning cream'. We usually use 'sting' for the sensation you feel. So 'a stinging cream' is possible, but also not usual. 'A cream that stings' is more likely.
    < Previous | Next >