Burst disk

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

walloper

Authentic Spanish from Spain
Hi everyone,

I assault you with a doubt I have got reading another forum.

Does anyone know what it is?

Here the context and the link of the conversation:

Written by Dandydon:An AL80 weights 31-35# plus valve, altho I swear they feel twice that heavy carrying across a parking lot, so that's a lot of metal to absorb temperature changes. Even if a tank were to overheat after sitting in a hot car or something, the burst disk is supposed to give way.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...exploding-scuba-tank-kills-one-florida-2.html

<< Second question deleted. >>

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Copyright

American English
    It's only a Google search away:

Dive Gear Express: Cylinders, Valves and Pressure Release Devices
    In the U.S. at the turn of the twentieth century, a series of boiler explosions caused significant loss of life. The most famous of the accidents, the Grover Shoe Factory disaster in 1905 resulted in stringent safety laws and a national code related to safe operation of boilers but is inclusive of most pressure vessels, including modern scuba cylinders. All U.S. cylinder valves are required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) to have a pressure release device (PRD) that operates if the pressure exceeds the cylinder test specifications. The design of the PRD used in scuba valves is a non-reclosing rupture type, also called a burst disk assembly.

walloper

Authentic Spanish from Spain
    As far as I undertand is the PRD or pressure release device and is a non-return valve, but I don't remember to have studied this valves in my diving studies. Could anyone traslate it into Spanish?

Thank you

Copyright

American English
    Your original question is not phrased for a translation. Please rewrite and post in the Spanish forum. Thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >