bussiness environment vs bussiness climate [business]

thuhoai

Vietnam
Hi, everyone.

Can I say:

1.-The bussiness environment gets more fluctuating.
2.-The bussiness climate gets more fluctuating.

Could you please tell me which one is correct.

Thanks

• Copyright

American English
    I don't think we would say either -- the verb "gets" isn't right and I'm not so sure about "fluctuating." Can you explain what you mean in other words -- what are the conditions you're describing -- and we'll try to help. It is spelled business, by the way. :)

thuhoai

Vietnam
    I would like to say that changes of banking regulations, working regulations, tax regulations...seem to happen frequently.

Copyright

American English
    You can say, "The business environment is fluctuating," I suppose, but it doesn't really tell you anything (although it may be all right in a situation where you're just making a general observation to other business people you've been talking with).

But your explanatory sentence really gives us some information: Banking, workplace and tax regulations all seem to change frequently. (Or something similar.)

thuhoai

Vietnam
    For example tariff rate that is regulated by goverment is increased. Raw material increases.
    I mean that everything can change .

If so, Can I say : "The market is always fluctuating."?

In a business context, prices are usually said to be fluctuating, i.e. going up and down all the time. This may well indicate a dynamic process or environment, albeit in a strict technical sense. But dynamic is also a "positive" word, generally speaking. It implies power, progress and gain.

I may be wrong, but I think the business situation you're trying to describe is negative, rather than positive.

Therefore I would much rather say The business environment is becoming increasingly volatile (a more "negative" word in a business context, because rapidly changing prices, tariffs, regulations and so on bedevil accurate profit predictions and investment decisions).

< Previous | Next >