bust grips

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
What does bust grips mean in the above context, please?

Now all these new nigas tryin to bust grips
Stank Ass Hoe by Cypress Hill

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

• swift_precision

US/English
    Thomas1 said:
    What does bust grips mean in the above context, please?

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas
    It means that the new guys....that is the rookies to the street life are all carrying guns now...shooting one another. Hope this helps,

Swift

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Your guess is as good as mine. This is what looks like a line from some form of popular entertainment...Dare we call it a song?

It's unclear if the second line is part of the lyric, or the name of the piece and the performing group. Regardless...I'll have a look at the urban dictionary...

Grips: to grab someone while in a fight
    There are some forty offerings for "bust", and this one looks like a possibility:

bust to do or perform an action greatly.
    From all my friends I could bust the best tricks on the skateboard
    In short, I don't know what it means.

cheers,
    Cuchu

swift_precision

US/English
    cuchuflete said:
    Swift Precision was swifter and more precise. So thaaaat's what it means.
    Yea cuchu, unfortunately "bustin grips" or "bustin guns" essentially mean shooting them. Yea I would say that that urban dictionary is partially accurate in the definition it gave you. I could "bust out the room" or someone could "bust in the room" meaning I could "leave the room" or someone could "come into the room". A person could "bust his/her gun" meaning shoot their gun. Someone could "bust a move" or perform some sort of action. I rarely hear bust used in this last context anymore.

< Previous | Next >