Bust it out

diego707

portuguese
transcript:

- Alright, guys. We've been practicing our new song for a week
- Let's Bust it out!

Then the guy stands and starts playing his mini guitar.

what does bust it out mean here?

• Myridon

English - US
    "Bust out" comes from a colloquial/dialectal variation on "break out." From the Word Reference Dictionary on "break":
    41 break out
    • [~ + out + object] to take out or prepare for use:to break out the parachutes.
    I'm thirsty. Break out the beer. Yes, break it out.

diego707

portuguese
    I googled bust it out to figure out its overall definition, And it's similar to Let's see action, spoken by those who want to sound kind of radical. Examples that I've found:

The cramps by this time coming and going. Then BC says, "let's bust it out down this hill". WTF? Where did that come from? We ran down the hill like the Chariots of Fire, BC leading the way. (Let's go down the hill)

my question:
    Alright, guys. We've been practicing our new song for a week
    - Let's Bust it out! (Let's play the song)

Got the bow in 2000-01 from the wife as an X-mas present and shot for about 2 years (range only)...
    Well, it's been sitting in my garage for close for 5+ years and I decided let's bust it out again. (Let's use it again)

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    There are various grammatical errors in all of those quotes, which are clearly not from formally published sources.

I've never heard "Let's bust it out." (And why would "bust" be capitalized?)

"Belt [a song] out", as Rover says, is familiar.

diego707

portuguese
    I've never heard of it either, It's likely to be a casual way of talking since i didn't find anything from formally published sources..

For me it's pretty damn straightforward now, just read carefully those three different quotes and you'll see that they use it in the same way.

diego707

portuguese
    another definition that fits at all above statements: source: urbandictionary.com

1. To do something extraordinarily sick, cool or excellent.

"That dude really busts out on his skateboard."

< Previous | Next >