Bust

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    Please provide us with some context: Where did you read this? What is this about? Who said it? To whom? You may quote up to four sentences from the source without fear of copyright violation. (Usually the sentence in which the phrase is used, plus two before and one after are the most useful, but use your judgment.)

quaerereverum

Persian
    The woman laughed and said to her boss, you played Farmville 19 hrs./week.
    The boss responded ''You did bust me for my Farmville time, though. Also, I figure out how to use it as a fuzzy cognetive-map predictor of spikes in in the German capital market. Look for write up on TechCrunch next week.

Hope it will help.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    To be "busted" means, informally, to be caught with clear evidence of guilt that someone has committed a crime. Originally it meant that the police broke (busted) in on someone while the crime was being committed. Here, there was evidence that the boss was playing Farmville for about half the time that he should have been working. This isn't a crime in the legal sense, but it probably isn't what he was hired to do, either.

Andygc

British English
    quaerereverum.

You have been asked once for the source of your quotation. It should not be necessary to ask you again. Please remind yourself of Rule 4, and then provide the source of your quotation.

Andygc
    (moderator)

< Previous | Next >