But other, less scrupulous, operations

< Previous | Next >

hack3rcon

Russian
Hello.
I'm reading Mafiaboy, by Michael Calce and I want to know in below text what does "But other, less scrupulous, operations" mean? Can it mean "But other using less scrupulous operations and prefer to simply..." ?

"In addition to personal information, an attractive kind of data is someone's browsing habits. By tracking the websites you visit, marketers can target more relevant advertisements at you. Google has made a lot of money by placing relevant text ads on its webpage after users enter search terms. But other, less scrupulous, operations prefer to simply overwhelm you with ads regardless of what you're doing. <-----Excess quote removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->"

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    "But other, less scrupulous, operations" mean?
    :confused: I am surprised that you ask - it has its normal meaning = "But other operations that were less scrupulous,"

Compare:
    But other, big, elephants = But other elephants that were/are big,

hack3rcon

Russian
    :confused: I am surprised that you ask - it has its normal meaning = "But other operations that were less scrupulous,"

Compare:
    But other, big, elephants = But other elephants that were/are big,
    Thank you :D
    Thus:
    But other operations that were less scrupulous prefer...

lingobingo

English - England
    Google …… But other, more unscrupulous, operations (= “outfits”, providers, businesses) prefer to simply overwhelm you with ads.

< Previous | Next >