But there we are

ktm

Hello,
can anybody rephrase "But there we are" in the context as below:

"
The French title was Les Larmes d'Ulysse, The Tears of Ulysses, which was rather better, in my view, than the one they used in English. But there we are. You don't know it, by any chance?"
Thanks in advance.

• Hockey13

AmEnglish/German
    Hello,
    can anybody rephrase "But there we are" in the context as below:

"The French title was Les Larmes d'Ulysse, The Tears of Ulysses, which was rather better, in my view, than the one they used in English. But there we are. You don't know it, by any chance?"
    Thanks in advance.

In this context it appears to be something that is just said as an acceptance of something that the person doesn't necessarily like, but there it is anyway. I think this specific phrase is a bit more BE, while in AE I've often heard "but there it is."

Hockey13

AmEnglish/German
    I've always felt the character of President Bartlet in The West Wing always used the phrase "there they are" rather well:

Referencing a certain Congressman's staff:

"I don't know what any of them do, but there they are where ever Lobell goes, 14-15 guys...."

Speaking to the military officers in the Situation Room of the White House:

"Keep your seats. There's a delegation of cardiologists having their pictures taken in the Blue Room. You wouldn't think you could find a group of people more arrogant than the fifteen of us, but there they are right upstairs in the Blue Room."