butt-kick

starnightnt

Vietnamese
Hi everyone, I don't understand the meaning of this sentence. Can you people explain to me :

"you knock over a display or joy-ride a shopping cart and I will personally open the can of Reddi Mart’s finest butt-kick"

What is the meaning of "the can of Reddi Mart's finest butt-kick". Thank you.

• Copyright

American English
    Reddi Mart is presumably the name of a store -- and is not that important in this phrase; it could be any store name (I'm guess that that's the store the dialogue takes place in).

The important part is the "can of butt-kick." The usual phrase is "I will kick your butt" (beat you, punish you). The humor is that this butt-kicking can come in a can and all I have to do is open it and unleash its power (on your butt, e.g. your person, your body). The fact that it's the "finest" just means that you'll receive the beating of your life. :)

Here are two related threads that will further illuminate this charming expression:
    big can of whup ass [whoop / woop]
    woop ass / whoop ass / whup ass

starnightnt

Vietnamese
    @copyright : Thanks a lot but I'm still confused :(( .
    Does "butt-kicking" mean "ass-kicking" , but "ass-kicking" means excellent or awesome, it's an adjective. I guess "butt-kicking" is a noun, but what is it ? I look this word up on the Internet but I just found out it's an adjective, not a noun.

By the way, can I understand that phrase "open the can of butt-kick" like "open can of whup ass". So in the way it means I'll beat you up. Is that right ?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    "you knock over a display or joy-ride a shopping cart and I will personally open the can of Reddi Mart’s finest butt-kick"

A butt is an ass (AE)

In translation,
    If you cause damage by stupidity, I will kick your rear.

Reddi-Mart sounds like a humorous generic name for a super market (cf. Wal-Mart) and “the can of Reddi Mart’s finest butt-kick" supposes that something that kicks asses is sold in cans in the store. Obviously, such a product does not exist but the threat is plain.

< Previous | Next >