buzz - like a bee

marythebandnerd

USA, English
How do hispanohablantes imitate the sound of a bee (not the name of the sound [zumbido], but the sound itself [bzzz])?

Ej. Un perro dice "guau"; un gato dice "miau"; una abeja dice...

I apologize if this seems like a really silly question, but I'm under the impression that it would be different in Spanish, since the letter z is pronounced differently than it is in English.

• febux

El Salvador, Spanish
    yeah, it s pronounced differently in spanish but it s the same thing, almost all the people write a lot of z for the sound of the bee

micafe

Spanish - Colombia
    How do hispanohablantes imitate the sound of a bee (not the name of the sound [zumbido], but the sound itself [bzzz])?

Ej. Un perro dice "guau"; un gato dice "miau"; una abeja dice...

I apologize if this seems like a really silly question, but I'm under the impression that it would be different in Spanish, since the letter z is pronounced differently than it is in English.
    Well, at least in Colombia, we say it exactly like that: 'bzzz', with the same sound of the English 'z'.

I don't know about other countries, especially Spain where in many regions 'z' has the 'th' sound in 'think'.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
    ;)

marythebandnerd

USA, English
    Thank you! That's actually exactly what I wanted to know. :D

I can just imagine a bunch of Spanish bees that sound like they've got a lisp! bththth... too funny.

< Previous | Next >