By any chance

volver

french belgium
Hello,

Please arrange a collection using your account and check with the company if they received our Irish customer's order by any chance.

I don't know if by any chance fits here.

Can you please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

VOLVER

• xqby

English (U.S.)
    It seems awkward to me. With "if" you already imply that you're not sure.

There are a couple other revisions I would make as well:
    "Please arrange a collection, using your account. Check with the company to see if they have received our Irish customer's order."

b1947420

British English
    Hello,

Please arrange a collection using your account and check with the company if they received our Irish customer's order by any chance.

Thanks a lot.

VOLVER
    This could be acceptable depending upon the context.

Without knowing more it suggests to me that you were querying a missing payment or order placement.

The text here is asking you to check out the possibility of the order placement having been received elsewhere "by any chance" in error, for example.

We could do with more context to help further.

no bunny

Irish, English- Ireland
    Hello,

Thanks a lot.

VOLVER
    Hi there. You could use it, its not grammatically incorrect. I wouldnt use it, though, its not essential and seems slightly clumsy to tack on.

Agree with xqby, you should say "...check with the company to see if they received our Irish customer's order..."

have a nice day!

< Previous | Next >