By her grateful attention to me and mine

Irelia20150604

Chinese
The quotation comes from Charlotte Brontë – Jane Eyre (Chap. 38) | Genius

Quotation: As she (= Adèle) grew up, a sound English education corrected in a great measure her French defects; and when she left school, I found in her a pleasing and obliging companion: docile, good-tempered, and well-principled. By her grateful attention to me and mine, she has long since well repaid any little kindness I ever had it in my power to offer her.

Context: Jane intended to become Adèle's governess once more, but her "time and cares were now required" by Mr. R.
===
Hi everyone! I don’t quite understand the bold part. I try to interpret it as below. Is it correct?

Attention => 3 b : sympathetic consideration of the needs and wants of others : ATTENTIVENESS [M-W dictionary]
The sentence => by her grateful and sympathetic consideration of the needs and wants of me and my husband.

• Minnesota Guy

American English - USA
    My sense is that here, grateful means "pleasing, agreeable."

Me and mine
    is a set phrase, meaning "me and my family" -- in this case, Jane and her husband.

It's more likely to be encountered in the form you and yours; in a note, one might write, "Happy New Year to you and yours."

< Previous | Next >