by using the country's rich natural environment

< Previous | Next >

quietdandelion

Banned
Formosa/Chinese
In the Philippines, high school science teacher Josette Biyo has gotten students excited about science by using the country's rich natural environment. She organized a science fair where students presented their own research projects. Biyo connects students with mentors to help them with their often complex projects.

The underlined phrase is very vague and abstract for me; could you paraphrase it in a more tangible way? Thanks.

• Prairiefire

US (Midwest) - English
    The phrase is a bit vague, I agree. I hope that the writer uses examples of exactly which parts of the environment the teacher used and how she used them, in later paragraphs.

Including an example or detail is the only way to improve that sentence. I can only guess: did the class go on field trips to observe wildlife? Did the teacher have the students collect and bring to school examples of different native plants? Did she open the classroom windows and let birds and bugs fly in?

The writer has to tell us; the reader can't guess.

quietdandelion

Banned
    Formosa/Chinese
    Thanks, Prairiefire, for your concerns of this question.
    There is no more context except those I offered. I presume that the two sentences following the underlined part are what the author means by saying "by using the country's natural environment."

< Previous | Next >