C'était vraiment une corvée pour moi

Juju333

French
"J'ai du expliquer à notre nouvel associé tout le fonctionnement de l'entreprise. C'était vraiment une corvée pour moi! J'aurai préféré faire autre chose!"

Comment dire ce mot dans ce contexte? Quand c'est quelque chose que l'on a trouvé désagréable à faire?

Merci!

Je viens juste de penser à "It was such a drag!". Ca fonctionne ici?

• Snow Bunting

English - England
    Je viens juste de penser à "It was such a drag!". Ca fonctionne ici?
    Yes, it works, but it is quite informal and (to my British ears) rather American- sounding. You could say, ‘it was quite an effort’, or just ‘it was hard work’. My son (34 years old) would say ‘it was a bit of a mission!’

elroy

Moderator: EHL, Arabic, Hebrew, German(-Spanish)
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Quand c'est quelque chose que l'on a trouvé désagréable à faire?
    Can you be more specific? There are many things you could say (a drag, a real chore, an ordeal, a nightmare, hell, …), but they all have different meanings or connotations so it depends on what you’re trying to convey.

Snow Bunting

English - England
    My only problem with that is that ‘chore’ sounds a bit unusual to me. I was going to say ‘old-fashioned’, but Google reckons the word is more common than ever before. I think it may be a US/UK thing - children seem to have ‘chores’ assigned in the US, but in the UK I think we generally give them jobs to do.