cachetear, cachetada (In México)

Marias-espanol

USA-English
Hola, ¿Por favor puede alguien ayuda me?"Dar un cachetazo / una cachetada" "Slap him/her in the face."Tengo una duda. Can this be used to show affection in México? Ej. Estaba en la casa de mi amiga el otro día y ella "dar un cachetazo" a hijo de ella. Mi amiga son Mexicana. I have seen this happen before, at the park. A guy slaped his girlfriend across the cheek. She didn't get mad, but he didn't seem to be mad at her either(he was smiling). In both cases they were Mexicans. I was just wondering if it was used to show affection in Mexico.
Muchas gracias,
María

• mirx

Banned
    Español
    Absolutely not in general terms. Although it might me a secret love code between the couple. I find it very akward coming from the mother though.

Cheers

rogelio

USA - English
    NO, This is not to show affection in Mexico. It is an aggression!
    Bilma is absolutely correct. I have never seen this as a show of affection, but rather as aggression, often leading to more painful abuses later. If a 'novio' gave a 'cachetada' to my daugher, he would quickly have my size 14 shoe up his ass.:mad:

Marias-espanol

USA-English
    ¡Hola y muchas gracias a todos!
    That is what I thought, at least that is the way it is here in the U.S. I just needed some one to confirm that for me.
    Gracias,
    María

< Previous | Next >