CAD top perspective

letitati

español
Hi!
I need help with these terms. I´m translating a softaware

CAD top perspectiva
Center perspective

Is it right if I translate it as "perspectiva general del CAD" y "perspectiva central"

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.

• lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    Hi!
    I need help with these terms. I´m translating a softaware

CAD top perspectiva
    Center perspective

Is it right if I translate it as "perspectiva general del CAD" y "perspectiva central"

Muchas gracias por su ayuda.
    Disclaimer: I only have basic notions on "perspective" from my college lessons on technical drawing.
    Look at this to get a quick idea: Drawing Perspective Views
    Having said that, I would translate as follows:
    "CAD top perspective" into "Perspectiva superior en/de CAD"
    "Center perspective" into "Perspectiva central"

Luis

pontchartrain

United States, English
    I am very familiar with perspective drawing but have never heard of these terms. People who write software often make odd or even incorrect word choices. A perspective in which the viewer is looking down into a room is usually referred to as a "plan perspective." But I am also wondering if you are translating a caption in which the words "top" and "center" refer to the illustrations' location on the page. That would make more sense.

lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    I am very familiar with perspective drawing but have never heard of these terms. People who write software often make odd or even incorrect word choices. A perspective in which the viewer is looking down into a room is usually referred to as a "plan perspective." But I am also wondering if you are translating a caption in which the words "top" and "center" refer to the illustrations' location on the page. That would make more sense.
    Look at the URL that I provided where "top perspective view" is clearly shown: Drawing Perspective Views

Luis

pontchartrain

United States, English
    All but one of these are "two-point perspectives." The "top perspective" is an "aerial perspective" (an aerial view).

The words top, right, center, etc. do not refer to the kind of perspective. They indicate the relationship of the viewer to the building. "Top perspective view" means we are looking at the building from above. "Left perspective view" means we are looking at the left side of the building. Front perspective means we are looking at the front of the building.

I think the way these are labelled is confusing. It is not how an architect would do it. If I were labeling these, I would leave off the word "perspective" because it is obvious they are perspectives. I would use the word view instead: left-side view, right-side view, front view, rear view, view from top, view from bottom, etc. If you think of it this way, it will probably be easier to translate into Spanish: vista a la izquierda, vista desde abajo, etc. (As a native speaker, I am sure you can translate these better than I can.)

Last edited:

pontchartrain

United States, English
    All but one of these are "two-point perspectives." The top perspective view is an "aerial perspective" (vista a pajaro). The words top, right, center do not refer to the type of perspective. They indicate the relationship of the viewer to the building. "Top perspective view" means we are looking at the building from above. "Left perspective view" means we are looking at the left side of the building

pontchartrain

United States, English
    I have given it some more thought. I think it first has to be translated into better English, as follows:

Front view
    Rear view
    Right-side view
    Left-side view
    Top view
    Bottom view

I think this will make it easier for you to translate. And as I said, I think you should leave the word "perspective" out.