caer bien - me has caído bien

nordico

Mexican Spanish
Estaba estaleciendo una conversación y al terminarla quería decir "Oye me has caído bien" pero no sé como formular esta oración en inglés. Estuve leyendo y leí algo sobre come off well pero no estoy muy seguro, además también quería decir "Cómo podemos enviarnos fotos para conocernos mejor?" y tampoco pude, por favor alguien tan amable que me las formule, de verdad un millón de gracias anticipadamente.

• Sandy_Bella

EsPaÑoL (CaTrACHO)
    Hola nordico ¡Bienvenido al Foro!
    Oye me has caído bien
    → I really liked you!

Podemos enviarnos fotos para conocernos mejor
    → We can send pictures of each one to get
    to know each other better.

P.S. Espera más sugerencias from English
    native speakers!

gengo

American English
    "Oye me has caído bien"
    "Cómo podemos enviarnos fotos para conocernos mejor?"
    The first depends on the relationship you have with the person. If it is a friend (such as male-to-male), you might say "Hey, we get along pretty well, huh?" If it is someone you are attracted to, you might say "Hey, I kind of like you" (which is fairly strong), or "Hey, you're alright!" (which is not strong).

For the second: How can we send each other photos so we can get to know each other better?

nordico

Mexican Spanish
    Hi, Gonge your answer was very explicit, Thank you very much.
    You took me off of a big doubt.
    I hope to help you like you did it to me.
    Take care

McAlgo

English - USA (East Coast)
    How about "I like your ways" as "Me caes bien"?
    Ehh...I can't imagine anyone saying this. We don't really use the plural "ways" to mean a persons overall character/personality except in song lyrics, at least where I'm from.

There are so many nuances to the situation (as pointed out in the history of this thread) that it really needs to be put into a specific context to be translated.

jsvillar

Spanish - Spain
    Estableciendo. For me, in Spain, it would mean 'setting up', but in Mexico must have a different meaning (like having?).

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    "Hey, it was really nice talking with you.
    How can we exchange photos to get better acquainted?"
    The "Hey" and the "really" make it sound more sincere than the perfunctory "Nice talking with you".
    I think this is what people would say about a positive regard after a first conversation.
    No need to say "I like you".
    Do not say "I liked you" in the past tense!

dalv

English - US
    "Hey, it was really nice talking with you.
    How can we exchange photos to get better acquainted?"
    The "Hey" and the "really" make it sound more sincere than the perfunctory "Nice talking with you".
    I think this is what people would say about a positive regard after a first conversation.
    No need to say "I like you".
    Do not say "I liked you" in the past tense!
    I completely agree, if its your first conversation there is no need for "I like you" I like Cenzontle's suggestion.
    you could also say: Hey you're pretty cool, how can we exchange.....

Rodal

Castellano (Chile)
    Oye me has caído bien
    → I really liked you!:cross: I really like you (in present tense).

Podemos enviarnos fotos para conocernos mejor
    → We can send pictures of each one to get:cross:
    to know each other better. We can send each other pictures to get to know each other better.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >