Caipiriña waiver - legal

Bluebambi

UK; English
¿Qué significa cuando se pide un "caipiriña waiver"?

El contexto: un cliente no está contento con el "waiver" que ha recibido pero dice que hemos hecho todo lo que podemos al momento. En algunos días pediremos un "caipiriña waiver"...

¿Significa de nuevo, mejor?

• aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    We need some context. Where do the caipiriñas come into it? (It's a Brazilian cocktail, spelt caipirinha in Portuguese, it's made with rum and pineapple juice, I seem to recall.)

Bluebambi

UK; English
    It seems to me to be a description of the new waiver that they will be asking for (see brief context given above. I can´t give much more than that as it was an email, and a very short one at that).

aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    It seems to me to be a description of the new waiver that they will be asking for (see brief context given above. I can´t give much more than that as it was an email, and a very short one at that).
    What's the client's profession?
    Is Brazil involved in the client's business? (I'm thinking of a possible Brazilian analogy to Mexico's "tequila effect" in the 1994 crisis.)
    Does the client drink alcoholic beverages?
    Does the client have an entertainment budget?
    By the way, according to the DRAE, a caipriña is made with lemon juice, not pineapple juice, and has sugar. Perhaps there is some alusion to the mixture of sweet and sour.

caipiriña.

1. f. Cóctel hecho con aguardiente de caña, azúcar, hielo picado y zumo de limón.

Bluebambi

UK; English
    They own property in Spain.

No association with Brazil.
    I assume they would drink alcohol, yes.
    No entertainment budget no.

I'm liking your idea of the alusion to the mixture of sweet and sour.. That could work..

Thank you.

< Previous | Next >