caja

bhomis

English - USA
Hi. I'm trying to conform to the rules by only asking one translation per question, so please forgive me for multiple posts.

My wife used to work in an accountants office in Peru, and here in the US, she needs to include some of her duties and other info pertaining to her job in Peru.
What is a "caja" (other than a box) that pertains to a job in accountants office?

Thank you,
bhomis

• Loitey

Uruguay Spanish
    Hi. I'm trying to conform to the rules by only asking one translation per question, so please forgive me for multiple posts.

My wife used to work in an accountants office in Peru, and here in the US, she needs to include some of her duties and other info pertaining to her job in Peru.
    What is a "caja" (other than a box) that pertains to a job in accountants office?

Thank you,
    bhomis

( Here in Uruguay ) Caja Means = Cash Register

Ayutuxtepeque

Moderador
    Español salvadoreño
    Hi Bhomis:

When you say "caja" I guess that you mean an accounting book. If so, the translation into English is "cash book".

Regards.

Moderator´s note:

Please, the next time, before posting a question, check the WRDictionary. If you don´t find there the answer that you are looking for, then you can also check related threads regarding your term or use the forum's search function. Rule # 3 from the Forum´s Rules.

Thanks in advance for your understanding,

Ayutuxte
    Moderador

Last edited:

translationguru

English - U.S.
    I would like to make a clarification on this entry:

"caja" while it can refer to the actual cash register in a store, or the petty cash box in a company, in the care of accounting/business terminology "caja" generally refers to a company's "cash flow" or the "treasury" of an organization (in Spain at least).

I cannot vouch for it's use in Latin America. Hope this better clarifies!

rmalanisv

Mexico - Español
    In México would be Tesorería, if the job is related to disbursments. Treasury department in English.