cajones de asignación selectiva de créditos

< Previous | Next >

Nightyume

Mexico/Canada and English
Hi. I'm translating a text which talks about economic policies in Mexico for the last century and it mentions the "cajones de asignación selectiva de créditos" in the following phrase.

la regulación desarrollista del sistema de banca comercial (regulación de las tasas de interés, reservas obligatorias depositadas por los bancos comerciales en el banco central y cajones de asignación selectiva de créditos);

I found out what they were (you can see it in the attached photo which a friend sent to me if you want). It's something which no longer exists (in Mexico at least) which is why it was so hard to find the details.

I have translated it as:

reserves for government regulated and mandated preferential credit allocation);

Do you guys think it's all right like that? Do you know of an English equivalent maybe?

Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Tiger137

English - Mexican Spanglish
    la regulación desarrollista del sistema de banca comercial (regulación de las tasas de interés, reservas obligatorias depositadas por los bancos comerciales en el banco central y cajones de asignación selectiva de créditos)
    This is similar to the U.S. Federal Reserve Board (the FED), which controls national monetary policy. The cajones could refer to drawers, boxes, vaults or tables. I think that lookup tables fits well in this situation, because the FED website uses “Table” (as opposed to figures, images, graphs, or photos inserted into the text of a book) to demonstrate a similar situation. So, here is my try:

The developed regulation of the commercial banking system :
    Regulating of the rates of interest;
    Imposing minimum reserves on commercial banks to deposit into the central bank; and
    Establishing (lookup) tables for a selective assignment of credits.

Joe Esquire

Spanish Spain- English US
    Hi, Nightyume,
    In the US, we do not (and did not ever, to my knowledge) have specific banking credit programs mandated to groups, sectors or industries. Thus the translation should be as self-explanatory as possible.
    I would say “government mandated credit programs by banks to specific groups or sectors”

< Previous | Next >