call for a transaction void

< Previous | Next >

happiness1535

English
I am trying to translate the following:

Police said Kmart videotapes showed the following procedure: Staten would ring up a sale to a customer and "forget" to give the receipt. She would then tear the receipt from the register before the next customer arrived, put it aside and call for a transaction void.

Kmart Video stellte den foldengen Modus Operandi dar: Staten trag einen Verkauf ein und “vergass” zu die Quittung ausstellen. Dann, zeigte sie die Quittung ihrem Aufseherin and frag ihr zu den Verkauf annulieren.

Should I use Annulieren oder Stornieren? Should I use subjunctive?

• Frank78

German
    Hey happiness and welcome to the forum,

"Die Polizei sagte, dass die Videobänder von Kmart folgende Prozedur zeigen: "Staten (a name?) bonierte einen Verkauf und "vergaß" die Quittung auszustellen. Dann nahm sie (Staten) die Quittung aus der Kasse bevor der nächste Kunde kam, legte sie (die Quittung) beiseite und forderte eine Stornierung des Verkaufs.

I would use "Stornierung". "Annullierung" sounds like a court declares a sale for null and void.

P.S.: Which word is supposed to mean "Aufseherin" :D

Resa Reader

@ happiness 1535: Frank did a very good job with your sentence.

@ Frank: I know where "Aufseherin" came from. I found the original text (from an old newspaper article on a fraud). This was how happiness translated "supervisor". Unfortunately he/she left out this part in his/her quote here.

Police said Kmart videotapes showed the following procedure: Staten would ring up a sale to a customer and "forget" to give the receipt. She would then tear the receipt from the register before the next customer arrived, put it aside and call for a transaction void. A supervisor would comply, assuming that she had returned the merchandise. At the end of her shift, Staten would remove the excess money from the register and place it in her pockets.
    http://articles.philly.com/1993-09-17/news/25986648_1_kmart-voiding-theft-and-conspiracy-charges

@ happiness: You would not translate "supervisor" with "Aufseher" or "Aufseherin". Reading this word I immediately think of a prison or even worse a concentration camp in the Third Reich. You would simply say "sie zeigte die Quittung ihrem Vorgesetzen (male) / ihrer Vorgesetzen (female)" or even better in the case of a supermarket "dem Filialleiter"/ "der Filialleiterin".

< Previous | Next >