CALL is closely related to many other disciplines and the computer .... [irrelevant?]

< Previous | Next >

kablanburak

Turkish
(I) CALL covers a broad range of activities which makes it difficult to describe it as single idea or simple research agenda. (II) CALL has come to emcompass issues of materials design, technologies, pedogogical theories and modes of instructions. (III) Materials for CALL may include those which are purpose-made for language learning and those which adapt existing computer-based materials, video and other materials. (IV) CALL is closely related to many other disciplines and the computer, as a tool to aid or study teaching and learning, is often subsumed within them. (V) It is also important to establish a sense of the directions in which feature practice and research might profitable venture.

Which one is irrelevant or violating its unity and coherence?

A- 1
B- 2
C- 3
D- 4
E- 5

Answer sheet says it is D. I dont know what the answer is. It drove me crazy..

Last edited:
  • boozer

Bulgarian
    You do not know the answer. We do not know the question, so it is only fair that we do not know the answer either. :D (well, at least I don't)

I do not know what is meant by unity and coherence, but for me V is complete gibberish...

kablanburak

Turkish
    There isn't any "D".
    None of these sentences make any sense. Are they supposedly written in English?
    Sorry about that i edited choices properly. This is a Turkish publishing, i dont think these questions were written by a native English

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    I think D-IV is the answer because I don't think that the computer can be "subsumed in a discipline". Computer science might be, I suppose.

< Previous | Next >