call out dependencies

< Previous | Next >

i9en

Russian
Hi everybody!

In the sentence:

Never leave a discussion without clearly stating who does what and by when. Also, call out dependencies.

Does "call out dependencies" mean "discuss dependencies" or "highlight dependencies" ?

Thank you in advance.

• i9en

Russian
    Please tell us where you found these sentences.
    There is no actual context. It was taken from a motivational business article. The headline of the paragraph was "Agree upon and confirm the next steps with your team"
    Never leave a discussion without clearly stating who does what and by when. Also, call out dependencies. A good practice is also to send follow-up emails after discussions.

Does "call out dependencies" make any sense or can it be a typo?

pachanga7

English - US
    This is jargon and I can only guess as to its meaning.

My hunch:

To call out dependencies = to bring to everyone’s attention the prior steps that must be taken or conditions that must be met before achieving the objectives in question

i9en

Russian
    To call out dependencies = to bring to everyone’s attention the prior steps that must be taken or conditions that must be met before achieving the objectives in question
    So "call out" can mean "point out", am I right?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Does "call out dependencies" make any sense or can it be a typo?
    If found this almost incomprehensible paragraph on StackExchange Project Management
    I'm trying to make the Scrum of Scrums meeting more proactive, where Scrum Masters will be more involved with other Scrum Masters, and where it is more of a time for Scrum Masters to call out dependencies on other teams and agree upon a solution to remove those dependencies.
    As the article progresses, it seems to be apparent that "dependencies" occur when one team/department is dependent upon another for their own progress.

In this case "call out" seems to mean "draw attention to" [for the purpose of eliminating them.]

< Previous | Next >