cambiar frente a" ó "cambiar con respecto a"

Marieta6

Spanish from Madrid, capital of Spain
Hi every one & thank you in advance for any help regarding the translation from Spanish into English (Am or Br) of the expression mentioned in the subject and underlined in the following sentence in Spanish and in my translation attempt:

Si los demostrativos y adverbios que expresan tiempo y lugar en la frase subordinada de estilo indirecto han cambiado cuando ésta se formula frente a/con respecto a aquellos expresados en la oración original en estilo directo, es preciso modificarlos.

If demonstratives and adverbs which express time and place in the reported clause have changed when the indirect speech is uttered with regard to those expressed in the original direct speech sentence, it is necessary to adjust them.

To be honest, I find extremely difficult to explain, in English, English direct and indirect speech, in a way one could simply read to students learning it as foreign language, written in a brief, accurate and understandable manner. If any of you know a web where to find this work already done, ¡¡please, tell me!!

• keanux

english/spanish/french
    If demonstratives and adverbs which express time and place in the subordinate clause have changed when the reported speech is used with regard to those expressed in the original sentence, it is necessary to change/modify them accordingly.

Just my two cents.

< Previous | Next >