came and went

< Previous | Next >

fermin2

Spanish
Hello, does this sentence make sense to you, "those evil thoughts came and went in his mind all the time", because I'm not sure if I'm using "came and went" correctly..

• owlman5

English-US
    Your use of "came and went" in the sentence looks fine to me, fermin2. Don't forget to capitalize "those" in that sentence.

fermin2

Spanish
    Thank you very much Owlman5! now please clarify that when one says "evil thoughts" we're not talking about "being invloved with the devil to some extent", but we're referring to these thoughts as being morally wrong correct?

lucas-sp

English - Californian
    Thank you very much Owlman5! now please clarify that when one says "evil thoughts" we're not talking about "being invloved with the devil to some extent", but we're referring to these thoughts as being morally wrong correct?
    You're probably right, but it's hard to say for certain without more context.

owlman5

English-US
    You are quite welcome, fermin2. I agree with lucas-sp. You haven't provided enough information for readers to determine where those evil thoughts come from. Personally, I don't believe in "the devil", so I wouldn't attribute anything to that entity.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >