camp glasses

dünü

german
Does anyone know what camp glasses are?

I have to translate a shop sign which says: "Purveyors of camp, racecourse, opera, and perspective glasses."

Thanks in advance!

And have a nice weekend!

Dünü

• Andygc

British English
    Does anyone know what camp glasses are?

I have to translate a shop sign which says: "Purveyors of camp, racecourse, opera, and perspective glasses."

Thanks in advance!

And have a nice weekend!

Dünü
    This wording is archaic. It would be helpful if you were to provide context - for example, a Google search for the exact phrase suggests that it comes from a book - so how about quoting the source as required by the forum rules?

dünü

german
    This wording is archaic. It would be helpful if you were to provide context - for example, a Google search for the exact phrase suggests that it comes from a book - so how about quoting the source as required by the forum rules?
    Yes, it comes from a book that I am translating. It´s nineteenth century romance settled in London. If that helps finding an answer to my question I am glad to provide the information: Lisa Kleypas, Married by Morning, p. 223.

Any idea what camp glasses are? (There is no more context to this.)

Thanks!!

George French

English - UK
    Dünû,

By context we means the complete sentence where this occurs and sentences either side of the sentence containing "camp glasses".
    There may be 4 sentences in all... Forum-rules

GF..

Please provide us with that.... that is the context we mean: and need.

< Previous | Next >