Can I ask like this: when A is adopted by how much part of..

Camlearner

Khmer
Hi

I am writing something but stuck at here when I want to write and ask 2 questions in 1 mixed sentence like this: Do you think : When ABC idea is adopted by how much part of the world? Can I write ask like this? Correct ok for grammar ?

Roath

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    No, that doesn't work, I'm afraid. I can probably figure out what your two questions are, but your combined version is ambiguous.

What are the two questions you want to combine? It will help if you will tell us those first yourself.

Camlearner

Khmer
    Hi Cagey, my 2 separate questions are:
    1. Do you think : When ABC idea is adopted ?
    2. Do you think : if ABC idea is adopted it is adopted by how much part of the world? for example by 2 countries, 10 countries, or the whole world 180 something countries?

Cagey

English - US
    You could ask:
    When, and by which countries, will ABC be adopted?
    Or:
    If ABC is adopted, which countries will adopt it, and when[will they do this]?

There are more possibilities, of course.

(I tend to think that you get better answers if you ask questions one at a time, but that is just personal opinion and not what you are wanted to know.)

Camlearner

Khmer
    Thank you Cagey. How about When, and by how much % of the world, will ABC be adopted? Is this nice and understood by native speakers?

P.S : You mean I split into 2 posts those 2 qustions: ?
    1. Do you think : When ABC idea is adopted ?
    2. Do you think : if ABC idea is adopted it is adopted by how much part of the world?

Cagey

English - US
    That one is close. With a small change you have:
    When, and by what percent of the world, will ABC be adopted?
    You could also break it into those two questions, though they need some revision:
    When will ABC be adopted?
    If ABC is adopted, how much of the world will adopt it?

Camlearner

Khmer
    Ok now I have how much of the world will adopt it? instead of my first asking how much part of the world?
    Thank you Cagey.

< Previous | Next >