Can I say on 29 November-3 December?

xiaodong

Chinese, China
If what I mean is from 29 November to 3 December, is it also correct to say on 29 November-3 December? Can on be used before a number of days? Thanks.

• Dimcl

Canadian English
    If what I mean is from 29 November to 3 December, is it also correct to say on 29 November-3 December? Can on be used before a number of days? Thanks.
    No. You are referring to a period of time beween 29 November and 3 December. Accordingly, they are two points of time on a continuum and you need to go from one point to another.

Dimcl

Canadian English
    How do you write a correct date in English?
    There are a number of options:

December 3, 2007;
    December 3rd, 2007;
    3 December, 2007;
    3rd December, 2007;

It depends on the type of correspondence (business/personal, etc.) and simply what the common practice is. I write "3 December, 2007" because that is the way that Canadian governments and most banks do it and I once worked for the government and got in the habit. I believe that Americans would write "December 3, 2007".

Brave1

Spanish, United States
    I would say "from November 29th to December 3rd...." maybe more context would help but if what you wish is to indicate that something hapenned between those two dates this is how I would do it.

< Previous | Next >