can 'sometime' be a conjunction?

JungKim

Korean
The movie 'Baby Driver' has this line:
Well, uh, play it for me sometime I don't have to get out of here.
Here, the speaker, Debra, a waitress at a diner, is asking a male customer to play a song for her sometime later when she can keep staying with him without being interrupted by the cook. Right before this line, the cook at the diner indicates that he's mad about her flirting around with the male customer.

In the line, 'sometime' seems to be used as a conjunction. Can 'sometime' be used a conjunction like this?
Alternatively, how about using 'some time' instead here with or without 'at'?
Well, uh, play it for me at some time I don't have to get out of here.
Well, uh, play it for me some time I don't have to get out of here.

• Einstein

UK, English
    You're right that "some time" is two words.
    It doesn't need "at".

The complete sentence would be: "Play it for me some time when I don't have to get out of here".

PS Cross-posted

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Hi JungKim,
    ... can you call 'sometime' or 'some time' a conjunction?
    No, "sometime" or "some time" is not a conjunction. It's an adverb or adverbial phrase of time. As previous posters have said, the conjunction "when" has been left out because in casual speech, the sense is clear.
    Play it for me some time, play it for me next Wednesday, play it for me now.
    .. are both 'sometime' and 'some time' correct?
    "Some time" (two words) in this adverbial sense is typically BrE usage, but it is increasingly written as one word, under the influence of AmE. See the Oxford entry which, in the AmE dictionary, gives only the one-word version "sometime", but in the BrE version gives both versions.

Einstein

UK, English
    At school I was taught that sometimes and some time were correct, but sometime was not. It's easy to understand why, between the two, some time has become one word.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    At school I was taught that sometimes and some time were correct, but sometime was not...
    You were taught wrong, but perhaps your teacher may be forgiven: sometime is an old adjective meaning erstwhile, former, ex-... King Lear, act 1 scene i:

The barbarous Scythian,
    Or he that makes his generation messes
    To gorge his appetite, shall to my bosom
    Be as well neighbored, pitied, and relieved
    As thou my sometime daughter.

< Previous | Next >