Can we just get around you <there's><there>?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara0963

persian
There is a sentence from Frozen 2013 which I can't understand why it has been pronounced like this:

<Link to video clip removed by moderator (Florentia52)>

She says : oh there she is...

I think she says this which has not a meaning for me too :

can we just get around you there's

But the subtitle says :

can we just get around you there

I think maybe the girl had a mistake of pronouncing the dialogue ! is that the case or I'm wrong ?

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    You are correct that "Can we just get around you there's" would not make any sense, and that the subtitle is correct. Listening to the clip and reporting back on what the character actually says is outside the scope of this forum.

sara0963

persian
    You are correct that "Can we just get around you there's" would not make any sense, and that the subtitle is correct. Listening to the clip and reporting back on what the character actually says is outside the scope of this forum.
    Dear Florentia52

I don't want you to report back what the character says... because we listen a Z at the end of the there and it seems like she says there's... please read the question again..

I want to know if the the girl had a mistake of pronouncing the dialogue? if not why we hear that there's.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It is unlikely that there is a mistake in the way an animated character says a word. It's more likely there is something in her speech habits that makes it sound as though she's putting a "z" sound at the end of "there."

sara0963

persian
    It is unlikely that there is a mistake in the way an animated character says a word. It's more likely there is something in her speech habits that makes it sound as though she's putting a "z" sound at the end of "there."
    No. Anna has not any speech habits like that ... May I ask you to reopen the video link please ... maybe there is someone who can help further...

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    If an animated character appears to mispronounce a word, it can be for many reasons: an odd style of speaking, an accent, a deliberate error to indicate her educational background, a mis-hearing by the listener, etc.

In any case, there does not appear to be a language question involved here so I am closing the thread.

Florentia52, moderator

Status
    Not open for further replies.