Can we Twitter that ....

Mr Swann

French - France
Hello !

the context
we are en 2011 , surgeons are about to put a hand (i supposeof a fresly dead people) instead of the highly damaged one of a patient

and the chief surgeon says

Can we Twitter that the surgery has started?

it is hard for me to belieave that the meaning was

We are about to tweet every moment of the operations with funny bloody pictures please RT !
(RT means Re Tweet)

Can you help me to understand this sequence ?

Thank you !

• Mr Swann

French - France
    Hello !
    By mentionning year 2011 i was meanning that Twitter was not as popular as today !!!!!

I am just surprised to learn that this high level surgeons are acting like Justin Bieber or Rihanna !!!

The source : A BBC document about surgery , could be in UK but not very sure about it !!!

Thank you for your answers , so no other possible meaning ?

Myridon

English - US
    Hello !
    By mentionning year 2011 i was meanning that Twitter was not as popular as today !!!!!

I am just surprised to learn that this high level surgeons are acting like Justin Bieber or Rihanna !!!

The source : A BBC document about surgery , could be in UK but not very sure about it !!!

Thank you for your answers , so no other possible meaning ?
    Do you think it's very likely that a surgeon has as many followers as Rihanna? It's possible that he sets up a new Twitter account for each surgery so only the family of the patient is likely to see the tweets.

< Previous | Next >