Can you call a "blister" a "bubble"?

Discussion in 'English Only' started by k9f100, Apr 3, 2016.

  1. k9f100 Member

    In my language words for "blister and "bubble" are selfsame, hence from time to time I end up unmindfully calling a blister on my foot/hand "a bubble". Like in the sentence "I must pierce this bubble, so the wound heals faster." Is this usage a mistake?
  2. Florentia52

    Florentia52 Modwoman in the attic

    English - United States
    Yes. We wouldn't refer to a skin blister as a "bubble."

Share This Page