Can you just get her caught up?

< Previous | Next >

Seaweeds

Italian
Hi everyone.

This is the spoof of a classic scene where the superhero (heroine, in this case) and the sidekick got caught by the super-villain.
Super villain already spoke to the sidekick alone, and now the super heroine is asking: "Why are you doing this?"
The super villain looks at the sidekick asking "Can you just get her caught up?"
And the sidekick answers: "Yeah, that's fine."
Then the super villain goes on talking.

At first I thought the meaning for "can you gust get her caught up" was something like "can you please keep her up-to-date for me?", but then the sidekick just says "that's fine" and nothing happens. So I guess it means something else... Can you please help me with that?

• RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    In my opinion, a lot of film dialogue is just there to move the plot along. It is not entirely logical. In fact, it is intended not to be logical. You can draw your own conclusions why this might be the case. Confusion is a good way to keep people mesmerized. Even Shakespeare to some extent employed this technique, but he did it in a way that was almost scientifically analyzable. His words could be put under a microscope. In movie scripts ... you figure it out.

"Get her caught up" means educate her on the meaning, on what is going on.

"Yeah, that's fine" is just filler speech. The sidekick has to say something so that the important part of the movie can continue, i.e. the hero's speech.

Seaweeds

Italian
    Hi Redwood, that sounds logic, despite the "illogicness". So, basically, it's ok if I'll translate as "fill her in for me"?

Barque: quite sure. Both hearing it, and the spotting is made by natives... :\

< Previous | Next >