Can you receive consultation?

< Previous | Next >

Warde

Hebrew - Israel
Hello :)

Can I say "receive consultation'?

The language in question is this:
Our content team receives consultation from experts and experienced professionals in the field of language teaching.

Does this sound good?
Or if not, could I substitute "advice" for "consultation"? or would advice be a less professional and more personal thing?

Thanks!

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello, Warde. I suspect that "consults with" would be better: Our content team consults with experts and experienced professionals...

"Receive consultation" is strange and awkward.

Warde

Hebrew - Israel
    Hello, Warde. I suspect that "consults with" would be better: Our content team consults with experts and experienced professionals...

"Receive consultation" is strange and awkward.
    Hmmm... but I want to convey the idea that the team is in touch with a set of specific experts and professionals, and not just turning to to anyone who is available when a problem arises.

owlman5

English-US
    You're not conveying anything like that to me with your choice of "receive consultation". You are merely using an odd phrase that doesn't sound like something a native English-speaker would say.

I'm not trying to offend you or attack your English, but that is my honest reaction to "receive consultation". I still think "consults with" is far better.

Warde

Hebrew - Israel
    You're not conveying anything like that to me with your choice of "receive consultation". You are merely using an odd phrase that doesn't sound like something a native English-speaker would say.

I'm not trying to offend you or attack your English, but that is my honest reaction to "receive consultation". I still think "consults with" is far better.
    Ok, I'll find a way around it. Thanks!

owlman5

English-US
    You're welcome, Warde.

But you probably don't need to find a way around anything. If you sought the guidance and counsel of language experts, then you consulted with them.

"To consult with somebody" is not at all a trivial phrase. It means that you sought somebody's counsel about some important matter.

< Previous | Next >