Can you say this?

  • te gato

    Senior Member
    Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    El Hondureño said:
    Most of lawmakers and America seem to conjoin in agreement against abortion
    Hello El Hondureno;
    Yes you can say that...
    Conjoin--is to unite.

    You could change it a bit..

    "Most lawmakers and America seem to be conjoined in agreement against abortion"
    te gato;)
     

    lsp

    Senior Member
    NY
    US, English
    te gato said:
    Hello El Hondureno;
    Yes you can say that...
    Conjoin--is to unite.

    You could change it a bit..

    "Most lawmakers and America seem to be conjoined in agreement against abortion"
    te gato;)
    You might say it can be said GRAMMATICALLY. Factually, though???... oh, sorry, this isn't the Culture Forum.

    Withdrawn,
    Lsp
     

    te gato

    Senior Member
    Alberta--TGE (te gato English)
    lsp said:
    You might say it can be said GRAMMATICALLY. Factually, though???... oh, sorry, this isn't the Culture Forum.

    Withdrawn,
    Lsp
    Lsp;
    I didn't say I agreed with the sentence.........:eek:
    te gato;)
     

    Lakeview

    Senior Member
    Canada - English
    El Hondureño said:
    Most of lawmakers and America seem to conjoin in agreement against abortion

    "Most of lawmakers and America" doesn't really work. How about:

    "The majority of American lawmakers and of the American public seem united in their stand against abortion."
     
    Top