Canada immigration materials update notice


Senior Member
Hi guys,

If you apply for immigration to Quebec, Canada, you will need to submit some application materials. If the immigration officer thinks that he/she needs to know more about certain information, he/she will send a letter (called 115C) to you requiring you to submit more materials. How to call such letter? I can't find the official name of the letter. does "materials update notice" convey the meaning I intend to express?
  • sophiasophie

    Senior Member
    Perhaps a Request for Additional Information.
    Thank you very much for your good suggestion. Here is the thing: I know for sure that the official name of the form contains the word "update", could you come up with a phrase including this word and expressing what I want to say?

    Language Hound

    Senior Member
    American English
    I have just read through some pdf files on Canada's Immigrant Investor Program and have concluded, based on the following, that you couldn't find an official name for the letter because the letter doesn't have an official name per se. Instead it seems to be officially referred to as "Perm 115c INV COMP
    et MAJ" or "Perm 115c" for short (more like a form reference number):
    Applicants who receive a letter (Perm 115c_INV_COMPetMAJ) asking them to complete or update their file within 90 days, must... reply to letter 115c asking the applicant to complete and update his file
    If you need to refer to this letter, I would simply say, for example,
    In response to your letter (Perm 115c) requesting me to complete or update my file...
    < Previous | Next >