cannot & will be unable to

< Previous | Next >

Ruth(2014)

Chinese-Canada
Hi, everyone.
I need your help.
I want to say something to my friend. It is something she does not understand now, but I will let her understand after I explain what I say. To avoid misunderstanding, I need to make it clear. What should I say to her? Can I say that "I want to tell you something that you can't understand, but you will understand it due to my following explanation"? Or that "I want to tell you something that you will be unable to understand, but you will understand it due to my following explanation"? Is there any difference between these two sentences? Which one is correct? Any better idea?
Thank you for your kindness.

• Ruth(2014)

Chinese-Canada
    Thank you. Will please tell me the difference between "cannot" and "will be unable to" in this situation? Actually, I think I should use "cannot" here, but someone else tell me that I can also use "will be unable to" here. I'm really puzzled. So I really need your help.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    "I want to tell you something that you can't understand, but you will understand it due to my following explanation"? -> “I want to explain something to you and, afterwards, I hope you will understand.”

< Previous | Next >