canonicalization

mguizar

Español - México
I'm completely lost with this, could you help me??
Check for canonicalization issues – www and non-www domains.

• zumac

USA: English & Spanish
    "In information technology, canonicalization is the process of making something canonical -- that is, in conformance with some specification. To canonicalize is to ensure that data conforms to canonical rules, and is in an approved format. "

Canonicalization is used in a variety of applications, the most common being in compilers, who begin by converting input statements into a canonical form before performing the parse function on the statement.

Saludos.

oMega_2093

Spanish (Spain)
    En este caso, un problema de URLs canónicas es que un buscador indexe la misma página web bajo dos direcciones URL diferentes, con y sin www.

Es un problema porque un buscador piensa que son dos páginas diferentes cuando en realidad son sólo una pero bajo varias URL distintas, y puede aplicar penalizaciones a alguna de ellas por entender que son páginas que se "roban" contenido entre ellas.

mguizar

Español - México
    Muchas gracias a todos!!! I was totally lost with that word... (I was just able to think in the cannon -religion-) Pero han ampliado mi panorama enormemente... =)

lilibid

Spanish - Argentina
    Canonical tags are a way of telling the search engines that a specified URL is the master copy of a page. They allow you to specify the canonical URL for a page. A canonical link allows webmasters to prevent duplicate content issues by specifying the "canonical" or "preferred" version of a web page.

lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    Muchas gracias a todos!!! I was totally lost with that word... (I was just able to think in the cannon -religion-) Pero han ampliado mi panorama enormemente... =)
    De hecho, aún en religión, el sentido es el mismo: "canónico" es aquello que se apega a las normas; ejemplo: hay evangelios canónicos y evangelios apócrifos.
    Como ya se vio "canonicalization" es pasar al estado "canónico", lo que algunos llaman "normalización", en el sentido de apegarse a las "normas", "estándares", etc.

Luis