can't wait any <more><longer>

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Please tell us what kind of waiting you are doing.
    Are you waiting for someone to come? Are you waiting for a job offer?

Knowing the situation in which you would use these sentences helps people think of the differences between them and to give you a good answer.

Vikiyyy

Hindi (India)
    Please tell us what kind of waiting you are doing.
    Are you waiting for someone to come? Are you waiting for a job offer?

Knowing the situation in which you would use these sentences helps people think of the differences between them and to give you a good answer.
    Actually I read this sentence somewhere as "i can't wait any longer" but i wonder how will the situation affect the sentence. It thought 'any more' or 'any longer' are same. Can you please give me a general idea about thier usage?

reno33

English - USA
    A "general idea" about the usage is that they are interchangeable. That's the general idea. Specifically, one might be a better usage based on the context. But since we have no context, all we (I) can do is give you a "general idea".

Vikiyyy

Hindi (India)
    A "general idea" about the usage is that they are interchangeable. That's the general idea. Specifically, one might be a better usage based on the context. But since we have no context, all we (I) can do is give you a "general idea".
    Ok, if I say "I can't wait any longer for my food." Is it correct or I should use "any more".

< Previous | Next >