Capacità di spesa

akhal

Italian
I am having trouble translating an economical report. I would like the terms to sound as technical as possible.

Is capacità di spesa the same as purchasing power?

Would it be correct to say: Consumer purchasing power to render the thread title properly? Or should I write Consumer expenditure capacity?

:confused:

Last edited:
  • AlabamaBoy

American English
    Consumer purchasing power is a different thing altogether, referring to what the consumer can buy for his money. Maybe "spending power" or "disposable income" is closer to capacità di spesa.

akhal

Italian
    Thank you, Alabama Boy.
    I think I will use disposable income, consumer disposable income.
    On second thought, what about: Consumer spending capacity?
    This report I am translating analyses requirements and projected turnover of a luxury hotel resort, which depend on factors such as consumer behavious, consumer demand and money which the guests are liable/willing to spend on accomodation and on subsidiary services.
    Does this help?
    I appreciate any comment!

AlabamaBoy

American English
    Just as a comment, I think disposable income fits nicely into the scenario of the demand for a luxury hotel. It refers to the consumer's ability to choose to spend money for non-essential goods and services.

Last edited:

tsoapm

🇬🇧 English (England)
    Is capacità di spesa the same as purchasing power?

Would it be correct to say: Consumer purchasing power to render the thread title properly? Or should I write Consumer expenditure capacity?
    Consumer purchasing power is a different thing altogether, referring to what the consumer can buy for his money. Maybe "spending power" or "disposable income" is closer to capacità di spesa.
    I’m a little hesitant about “disposable income”. Perhaps if someone could define capacità di spesa (in reference to consumers)?

Pat (√2)

Italiano
    capacità di spesa (in reference to consumers)?
    Ciao :) Direi che la capacità di spesa è certamente legata al reddito reale disponibile, però viene misurata a partire dai consumi. Ho visto che si usa (consumer) spending capacity / capacity to spend, per esempio in questo studio del 2013, The Big Squeeze. How Our Hourglass Economy is Affecting U.S. Retail Real Estate and the Way We Shop. Gli ho dato una scorsa e ho visto che alcuni dati sono presentati in modo molto simile a come l'Istat analizza i consumi e la capacità di spesa. Che ne pensi?