Capitalism 101

Honza

Czech / Czech Republic
Hello, I am new to the Language Forum. My native language is Czech. I am currently translating a text on e-learning from English to Czech. There are some expressions I am not sure how to translate. Please could you help me?
1) What does "in-bound sales" mean? In my text, the expression is used when speaking about a part of work of call center representatives.
2) I do not understand the last part of the following sentence: "... 65 percent of participants fall into a basic path, 30 percent qualify for an advanced path and about 5 percent test out altogether". The author is speaking about a pre-test that tailors how easy or hard the subsequent program will be. I do not understand the part "test out altogether". What does it mean?
3) What do the last two words of the following sentence mean: "The World Bank could build programs on capitalism 101"? In what sence the "capitalism 101" is used?
Thank you very much for help. I hope I will be helpful to other users in Slavonic languages forum.

• jinti

Honza said:
    2) I do not understand the last part of the following sentence: "... 65 percent of participants fall into a basic path, 30 percent qualify for an advanced path and about 5 percent test out altogether". The author is speaking about a pre-test that tailors how easy or hard the subsequent program will be. I do not understand the part "test out altogether". What does it mean?

5% score so high on the test that they don't need to participate in the program at all.

3) What do the last two words of the following sentence mean: "The World Bank could build programs on capitalism 101"? In what sence the "capitalism 101" is used?

In American universities, the first (introductory-level) course offered in a subject often has the course number 101. For instance, the first English course will be English 101; the first economics course will be Economics 101. This sentence means that the World Bank could create a program introducing the basics or the fundamentals of capitalism.

I hope this helps you.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >