capped rate

Quino60

BCN
Spain Spanish
Hola:
Necesito saber a qué se refieren con "capped rate" en la siguiente oración:

If the client came to you with a capped rate for the year, would you consider the business?

Supongo que se refiere a una sola tarifa para todo el año, pero no estoy muy seguro.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cernunnas

Spanish (Spain)
    ¡Hola!
    La verdad es que mi vocabulario de negocios es bastante pobre, pero a ver si esto te ayuda a averiguar el significado: "Cap" puede ser usado como abreviatura de "capacity", incluso usado como verbo, lo que me da que pensar que capped puede significar algo como "limitado".

"There was a four men cap" - "Había un límite para cinco hombres".
    "The game was capped to six goals" - "El partido tenía un máximo de seis goles".

¡Suerte!

Quino60

BCN
    Spain Spanish
    Muchas gracias, Cernunnas.
    De momento me suena más que los tiros deben andar más cerca de una "tarifa fija para todo el año". Esperemos que algún nativo me "eche un cable".

arael123

Spanish - Argentina
    For the sake of completeness and intended for future readers I am adding two definitions:
    From the definition of capped
    Capped: verb (used with object), capped, capping.
    26. to put a maximum limit on (prices, wages, spending, etc.).

And from Capped Rate Definition | Investopedia
    DEFINITION of 'Capped Rate'
    An interest rate that is allowed to fluctuate, but which cannot surpass a stated interest cap.
    For example, a 10-year loan may be issued to a borrower at 6%, but with a capped rate of 9%.
    The interest rate can thus fluctuate up and down, but can never go higher than the 9% capped rate.
    Capped rates are supposed to provide the borrower with a hybrid of a fixed and variable rate loan.
    The fixed part comes from the capped rate itself, while the variable part comes from the loan's ability to move up or down with market fluctuations.

Hope this helps,

Read more: Capped Rate Definition | Investopedia Capped Rate Definition | Investopedia
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook