capter

daisy101

English - UK
Bonjour!

I am translating a text and one of the sentences is : "Les trente amphithéâtres de l'université de Strasbourg sont, depuis quatre ans, équipés de matériel audio et vidéo qui permettent de capter le cours".

I have translated it as: "The thirty lecture halls in Strasbourg University have, for four years, been equipped with audio and video equipment which makes it possible to ___ the lesson".

What does "capter" mean in this context? Can it mean to film or record?

Merci beaucoup :)

• Santana2002

English, from Ireland
    I would find it more natural to begin the sentence with "For the last four years the lecture halls of Strasbourg University are equipped with audio and video technology...", and suggest " ... making it easy to record the courses." for the rest of the sentence.

Saints22

French & English
    My suggestion:

Les trente amphithéâtres de l'université de Strasbourg sont, depuis quatre ans, équipés de matériel audio et vidéo qui permettent de capter le cours".
    Since the last four years the lecture halls of Strasbourg University have been equipped with audio and video technology making it easy to receive the broadcasted courses.

Transfer_02

English - British
    Bonjour!

I am translating a text and one of the sentences is : "Les trente amphithéâtres de l'université de Strasbourg sont, depuis quatre ans, équipés de matériel audio et vidéo qui permettent de capter le cours".
    The thirty lecture halls of the University of Strasbourg are equipped with equipment which has enabled the video and audio transmission of lectures for the past four years.

< Previous | Next >