capture the flag

< Previous | Next >

buhbuhbuhhhh

english eeuu
this is a game where there are two teams and you hide a flag and the other team tries to sneak onto your side and take your flag. what is the name in spanish?

• Ilovelanguages

Venezuela/Spanish-English
    Ok, first, I didn´t get it very well. Do you also want to translate Capture the Flag ? (in that case it would be: Atrapar la bandera).

On the other hand, I think you´re talking about Flag football, well, for example here in Venezuela I´ve heard it as Flag football (with no translation), that´s how they called it back in my college years and that´s what I´ve read in the sports section of the newspapers. I guess that if I had to give it a name it would be something like Fútbol de Bandera, but believe me it doesn´t sound very good or common. Maybe you should wait for more opinions.

Ilovelanguages

Venezuela/Spanish-English
    The thing is that in Argentina you´re more Europe-oriented, but here in Venezuela and the Caribbean, we are more used to the American style, and you can see it for example in sports. The national sport here is Baseball unlike in southern countries like Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, etc, it´s Soccer.

zumac

USA: English & Spanish
    The game "capture the flag" does exist. In New York we called it "steal the flag", but it's the same thing.

It's a very exciting game, requiring a lot of running, and usually played by fairly large groups of kids in a school yard. It has nothing to do with football or any other ball game.

I doubt that there is an equivalent game in Spanish. You could easily translate the words "capture the flag", but if the game does not exist in a Spanish speaking country, the words are meaningless.

Saludos.

< Previous | Next >