Car switches?

< Previous | Next >

OverTheMemories

Banned
Italian
Hi everybody, I'm back with a new question!

SENTENCE I'm fed up of having to learn where all tbe new switches are!

CONTEXT: A saleswoman is talking with a customer, and the customer has recently bought a new car. She (the customer) changes car frequently because her husband is a rich man likes to get new cars everytime he can afford it.

SOURCE:
Pale Moon

I don't understand what the swtiches are in a car (I'm note a native speaker).
Any help? Thanks!

• london calling

UK English
    I suspect she meant buttons or dials and that sort of thing, apart from actual switches: all those things you have to press, turn or flip in order to make whatever function of the car work. I am sure it has happened to you when you drive a car you are not familiar with: you have to work out how to turn the headlights on, find out where the hazard lights are, etc. etc.

OverTheMemories

Banned
    Italian
    I suspect she meant buttons or dials and that sort of thing, apart from actual switches: all those things you have to press, turn or flip in order to make whatever function of the car work. I am sure it has happened to you when you drive a car you are not familiar with: you have to work out how to turn the headlights on, find out where the hazard lights are, etc. etc.
    That's what I thought, too, indeed I was looking for a word containing all of them to translate it in my language, but I couldn't find it so far...

< Previous | Next >